How this site came about..
My main Fetish is Bondage, which led to the development of my first kink site: Bondage Beacon. However, I do enjoy other Fetishes such as Catsuits and Spanking. This led me to create Fetish Beacon to list sites of interest, by Fetish.
This website is largely built with Open Source software (using LAMP Stack architecture):
- MySQL: the sites/categories/etc are stored in a MySQL Database
- phpMyAdmin: used to administer the MySQL databases
- PHP: All database access programming, and an admin system that is used to maintain the site database.
- NetBeans: IDE for PHP programming.
- CMS Made Simple: The content management system that provides the main layout and navigation.
- Smarty: for scripting within CMS Made Simple.
- Apache Web Server
- NotePad++: my favorite Windows text editor
- FileZilla: my favorite FTP client (works well on PCs and Macs)
- GIMP: for banner creation
Some commercial products are also used:
- BBEdit: my favorite Mac editor
- MAMP: a nice test and development environment for the LAMP stack on the Mac.
- VMWare Fusion